Frequently asked questions and important information about Mountain Propane Service
- The emergency phone number is (831) 345-2557. Someone will answer 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Call if you smell gas or if you run out of gas.
- We deliver every 4 weeks in the winter and every 6 weeks in the summer.
- The delivery invoice will be left on your door the day we deliver. It shows number of gallons, price per gallon and total amount due.
- Payment for propane is due 15 days after receiving a delivery. Payment can be made by Check, Cash, Visa, or Mastercard.
- Propane will not be delivered unless your account is current.
- Easy Pay is the best way to keep your account current and ensure uninterrupted service
- If you need a payment plan contact the office so a plan that fits your needs can be arranged
- If you are planning to move it is important to notify the office so deliveries can be suspended
- There will be no refunds for propane left in your tank if you move or cancel service
- Be sure to keep your contact information current. Notify us of any mailing address or phone number changes promptly in case we need to contact you regarding changes to your account.
- Call the office when you are at 20-30% of your tanks capacity, or can wait up to 2 weeks, for delivery. We will deliver the next time we are in your delivery area.
- The minimum delivery is 100 gallons.
- If you forget to call and we need to pull a driver off route to prevent you from running out of propane there will be an additional charge
- If you forget to call and you run out of propane we will need to do a safety check. There is an additional charge for the safety check.